Thursday, December 30, 2010

Floats in the winter

 Winter has arrived at the boat house.  This is the second big snowfall we have had this year.  This time, however, the forecast is for cold temperatures, which will put a damper on the float building progress.  Hopefully it will be warmer than the meteorologists expect so I can get back to it.
 Nonetheless, there was notable progress prior to the snow storm.  We now have two whole floats and the form frame is history.  Hurray!  Here is the starboard float sitting upright for the first time in cradles.  See the next post for more about the cradles.
Here is a view from the rear.  The floats are taller than they seemed while laying on their sides.  Setting the cradles on the strongback makes them a little higher than I would prefer.  I considered dismantling the strongback since I don't really need it until we start the main hull, but I hate to take on the extra effort if I don't have to.  So given the available space, putting the cradles on the strongback was the best option for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment