Monday, August 29, 2011

Fair play

We finished initial fairing of the deck with two passes of filling and sanding.  I suddenly recalled why I don't enjoy sanding with the long board around 25% through the second pass when I blew out a lung (okay not really, but it felt like it).  Luckily Dawna came to my rescue and helped finish fairing the deck (she's such a stud!). Then we rotated the hull to work on the outer side of the hull.  Although this half wasn't exactly the best half at the deck level, it is nearly perfect below deck.  So rather than making a lot of extra work, we filled a few areas that needed some help and left most of the side untouched.  I figure I will take care of the very subtle waves between foam planks when I skim coat the glassed hull in a few weeks.  Hopefully I will only need one pass for the few areas needing attention.  Then we will flip and repeat on the inner hull side.

No comments:

Post a Comment