Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Building beam molds

 Happy 2014!  New year with new progress on the F-82R.  Here is a view of my new boat fabrication factory.  There is just enough room to lay out a 4x8 sheet of particle board, if I suck in my gut!  Nonetheless, I was able to assemble the three molds and stands needed to build the beams.    The one that looks like a skateboard ramp on the right is for the beam tops.  The box on the table is a support stand for the beams during fabrication.  The main beam mold is on the floor in the middle of the picture.  I also had to get some new tools since most of my power tools are also back home.
Here is a picture of the main mold for the beams.  The main side panels had to be recut since the originals are still at the "main factory."  The spacers and other bits were shipped (I am sure it would have been more economical to recut everything).  In any case, it all went together very nicely.  Now I just need my supplies to arrive from Noah's and I will be back to boat building.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see that you are still working on your project and still keeping your blog going. Some of the other farrier builders quit updating their blogs when Ian stopped selling plans thinking that since no one was goning build any more farrier tris no one would learn anything. I think that what you builders have published is very useful even if it may not be on a farrier tri. Since Ian isnn't going to sell plans I will have to choose someone elses design. Thanks very much. Nelson

    ReplyDelete