Friday, December 30, 2011

Finishing up CMMs

 We are just about done with the central mounting modules.  We glued on the beam pads and glassed the various joints and exposed foam in the channel.  Applying glass and fillets in the channel is tricky.  Definitely a good opportunity to improve my patience.  You might note that I outlined the remaining peel-ply to help me remember to remove it when we install these in the main hull (someday).  It is pretty easy to forget about the peel ply, which would lead to a real bad day sailing.
Here's another view of the nearly complete CMMs.  Once they fully cure, I will do some clean up and I need to seal the edge of the center flange (on the bottom in the photo) with glass and epoxy.  But that is it for these parts for awhile.  Again, I thought it would only take a couple hours to install the pads and finish the glass and epoxy work, but it took about six!

No comments:

Post a Comment