Sunday, December 11, 2011

Port ports

 The port float is now done, or at least as done as it will get until the beams are installed.  I am putting together short punch lists of details I need to remember to take care of when I install the beams and chainplates.  I have delayed installation of the chainplates until I know more specifics of the rigging I will use.  And there are a few minor touch ups needed.
Here is a view of the forward access port and main hatch on the port float being dry fitted.  I will need to add prep of the holes for bolting the hatches to the hull to my punch list.  The fit is good, and the mounting surfaces are fair, so the hatches should keep the water out.
Of course, the hatches also open properly without binding.  Just replace the wood floor with blue water and the shop wall with a clear horizon and we are ready to set sail!  In the meantime, we are on to building the form frame for the main hull (hooray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment