Friday, December 30, 2011

On to the main hull!

 We are on to the main hull at last.  Once again I enlisted my neighbor to help put the port float on the storage shelf.  I still need to write a punch list of things I need to do on the floats when I install the beams, otherwise I'll likely forget half of the tasks.  After moving the float, I started tweaking the strong back.  The last couple of cross pieces have to be moved for the main hull since it is longer than the floats.  I also made fine adjustments to several other cross pieces (+/- 1-2 mm) to try to get everything just right.
And here is a nice view of the twins Portia and Starry!  Next steps are lot's of woodworking to get the main hull frame built.  The main hull is about twice as wide as the floats, so it might get tight in here.  And I have no idea where I am going to store the first half while building the second half.  Well, I guess I still have plenty of time to figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment